Sunday, June 24, 2012

So much to post...so little time.

Jared had to STOP me last night.  Do you ever get in a rutt of perfection?  
I  get to where I set a goal in my mind. It always seems much easier to accomplish in my head than it really ever is in reality. 
 I am great at starting a lot of projects!  I manage to juggle four or five projects at one time till they or I fall apart.

So, I dedicated this last week to finishing many of them all at once. 

 From 7:30 yesterday morning until 7:30 last night I was frantically painting.  

I took four cans of paint to my local Sherwinn Willams where Jeremy put all of my cans on the shakers to get them all ready for using.  Time was ticking and last night was my deadline.  

That was until I was in tears and Jared brought me back to reality!  He pointed out that I could work twelve hours a day, every day trying to achieve a "perfect" house in my mind and never be satisfied.  

I fall into these traps a lot!  I am too embarrassed to let others see my imperfections, so I shut others out.  
Frantically trying to perfect whatever I see that needs perfecting.  
While I am fixing one thing,  another thing pops up or falls apart.  Hmm, it is too daunting! 

I am missing the boat.  I am missing out!  Jared pointed out if there is someone who wants to pick apart my scuffed base boards, or my decorating or too many cake stands, then I don't need them.  
The truth is I care too deeply!  

Here's to enjoying, trying my best, but setting limits.  

Okay friends, come visit, sit in my little tumbleweed town with me and I'll pour ya a nice glass of lemonade, my glasses might have water spots, hope ya don't mind!

Here is the best thing that happened this week! 
 Our cute Talmage learned to ride his bike.  Jared took him to the park by our house every night to ride on the grass while he learned.  
As you watch this video, imagine the theme music from Jaws playing in your head.(BTW we don't know who the little tricycler is.)


No children were seriously harmed in the making of this film

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are so very, very lovely...in every turn and intention of that word, it's totally applicable. You are truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promise? I seriously miss you.

    And that is the greatest and funniest video I've seen for a long time. I can't wait to show Abbie. She is still nervous on her training wheels but wants to ride soooooo bad. I think see him will give her inspiration. She asked me tonight at dinner when we would see you because there is something (I can't remember what) she really wants to show you.

    xoxoAli

    ReplyDelete