Saturday, July 30, 2011

When a house becomes your home

I just returned from Salt Lake late last night. I was gone for a little over a week.  Jared stayed behind to work.  Salt lake was great!  Salt Lake in the summer is so charming. The winter...not so much.  What I miss most about Salt Lake are the people that I love.  I have friends that I don't get to see each time I go. I have family that I wish I could be around 24/6. ;)  Goodbyes are terrible for me.  I think that I feel things much to deeply.  My Parents are moving.  Moves are such a BIG ordeal. Physically and emotionally. They are moving just a few miles away from their current house. Still, the goodbye part is hard.  My Mom said that as they moved the last things from their dream house, the new owners pulled up with about 30 people to help move them in. She described the many people that swarmed her house, and the newly cleaned carpets with dirty boxes being thrown down every where.  It broke my heart for her.  The new house they are moving to is equally as charming.  Just different.  Such as life.
My new house in Kingman is different from Las Vegas.  Slowly, my house has become my HOME.  As I pulled into my little town last night, joy raced through me.  I was truly excited to be "home".  Did I mention that my Jared was there waiting for us too?!
                                      
                                          Sounds of Summer time that I love:
                                                   Talmage's cooing giggle
                                                 Sprinklers watering lawns
                                                  A  running lawn mower
                                                  Kids laughing in the yard
                                       Relief Society sisters singing together on Sundays
                                                      Crickets chirping at night
                                                 Birds chirping in the morning
                                                    Ice clanking in a drink
                                                     Splashing pool water
                                              
               I wrote these down, because I was telling my sister that I loved the sound of Sprinklers, especially the old fashioned ones.  My Grandparents had a large yard. I loved spending the night and waking up to the sound of my Grandparent's sprinklers. Remember the old fashioned sprinklers that you  hooked up to a hose? Kind of makes you think about what sounds make you feel happy and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment