Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Heart Rocks and Cake Pops

Collecting heart rocks has become one of my favorite things when we go on hikes with the boys.  Actually,  if I/we see a heart rock anywhere we pick it up.  I have a fun collection that I need to put into a fun apothecary.  
Yesterday morning as I was quickly making the boy's lunches for school, Talmage was sitting on the kitchen floor by me putting on his shoes (sometimes we have to dump pebbles out of his shoes from the school play ground).  Talmage said "Hey Mom... there is a heart rock in my shoe for you!"  I was hurrying so much that it took me a second to realize how sweet it was that he noticed and how excited he was.  It dawned on my that I needed to stop my rushing around and look at it.  Low and behold...the perfect little heart rock.  One day I will look at that little rock and remember my little first grader right by my side putting on his little shoes.  I think that that heart rock will have to go in my jewelry box or somewhere special.


Caught in the act of eating one of my favorite little snacks (at least it is blurry)

One of my favorite treats are the cake pops from Starbucks.  I also LOVE Starbucks hot caramel apple ciderThe boys love cake pops too! Try them, I hope you will like them.

3 comments:

  1. That has to be the sweetest thing that you like to collect heart rocks...I've never heard of that before! Can I peak at your collection one day? I tried cake pops this last summer at work and also fell in love with them...next time we hang out let's go to *Starbucks* and get some!!! See, we can be thankful that K-town has a Starbucks right?!!? :) Love you Lis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog Lisa! I have my moments of missing Henderson and people too. We miss you guys. I'm making cake pops for Sophia's birthday party. They are awesome! Hugs!
    Mindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love finding "heart rocks" too! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete