Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Keeping up with the Jones!


Dear Neighbors,
  
Thank you for being excited for us as my parents backed this trailer onto the side of our house.  I know I was screaming with pure delight.  You were probably screaming with horror.  Perhaps you have never heard of the University of Utah.  Go Utes!  My Mom laughed hysterically all the way from Salt Lake as they pulled this easy traveling little trailer behind them.  When they stopped for a bathroom break on the trip here, she thought she heard a lady tell her husband that that's why they got their education at the Y!  Just because that lady had a new airstream,  who did she think she was?!
 Do not worry!  Jared went out right when he got home from being at the hospital for 18 hours and sprayed the entire trailer for spiders.  (Just in case)  Then two days later he sprayed it again for spiders.  So there is no need to worry that it might be harboring spiders in it. 
 I will be out on the side of my house soon to sand all the old paint off.  I am sure it will not be messy. It should only take a few minutes.   My Dad offered me 20 cans of brown spray paint.  I don't know.  I think that is not the color that I am going for.  Whatever color I choose, I will try to spray it when it is not too windy.  Who knows maybe I will roll the paint on.  I still secretly want to paint the trailer pink.  To bad I am out numbered by 4 boys.  
     I plan to work on  this trailer all winter.  My hopes are for spring flowers and a pink trailer?!!  I really think it will add so much charm to our neighborhood.
I know that in these hard economic times it is hard to keep up with the Jones.  Just be glad that it is not a boat.  
   Now when we have company, they can sleep in our trailer.  It is okay that there is no bathroom in it. The back yard is pretty private.  

Thanks for being supportive!

Love, 

The Fairbanks

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I am so happy you got your dream trailer project though

    ReplyDelete