Thursday, July 19, 2012

I am not admitting defeat...

Jared walked into our room and said .."whoa..."
I said "it's every size 25 jeans the Buckle has ever sold"
he chuckled...maybe to keep from crying? (I know I did)

I woke early this morning.  Last night, I went to sleep with a heavy heart and mind.
A year ago, I was in such a different mind set...
This was about ten years ago.  I didn't eat 
very often.
I also felt so tired and hungry!

Look at my blond hair!  
I chose to go dark because being blond was 
too much up keep.
Since I am naturally dark, I had to be in the salon a lot to
maintain my regrowth.
Not to mention that I was up in arms for the week after
because my hair color never "lifted" enough, leaving 
it brassy...I thought.

My friend Kim and her boyfriend in New York years ago.
That was the version of myself for at least 10 years.
A blond!




Dark...different..but what works best for me now!

Even when I work really hard, the size that I am now, is my best me.
The fact that they do not even go past my thighs was confirmation that
this is the version of me now.  My best for me now.

I reminded myself this morning as I unloaded the  top of my closet
I am healthy!
My family is healthy!
I GET to help others!
I LOVE my HUSBAND!
I get to be a MOM!...

I sound like a wet blanket! Hehe

So, without further ado 
I have jeans for sale!  
Most are MEK
some MISS ME
Size 25 
I will sell ya at least eight pair for 
200.00!!!


P.S.  I realize how shallow this post is!
Sometimes shallow is good.
We need a break from deep every once in a while...

4 comments:

  1. I am going to have to pile all my comments in this one post!

    So sad to hear about your friend...so heartbreaking. Please let me know if I can do anything, even from so far away. Prayer list perhaps?

    Glad Jake is home...got worried when I found out he was in SD. He must have been overjoyed to see Westin and his bros. So fun having the big bro home.

    You are definitely a brunette. Absolutely suites you. As for you jeans...good luck. Who in the world is a size 25? That first photo you posted didn't even look like you? LOVE you just the way you are, a striking BEAUTY.

    xoxoAli

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous. I remember the first time I saw that picture of you and Jared with your blonde hair- I thought "that is so weird that they have a picture of Jared with some other girl in their house"- then I looked closer and realized it was my dear friend with different hair!! I love your dark hair- you are beautiful either way!! and, yeah, who wears a 25??? I think I could have fit in those in 5th grade (maybe 4th??). love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is anything but shallow. I love that you are embracing who you are! Lucky for you, you are a knock-out. I love your dark hair. I've always believed that a (too) skinny woman is an unhappy woman. Ha!ha! Good to know you are happy!! ;) Hope you get to buy something fun with the money you make from the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dark hair! You my friend are gorgeous and always have been...always will be. :)

    ReplyDelete