Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Favorites!


I am typing this post at 9:00 on Friday night. We have had an awesome and busy week!
First off, I think that spending time reading with my three boys is one of my Favorite things this week. My Mom has always said, "The more you read the smarter you are, the smarter you are the more you read." It is also one of my favorite sayings of hers. I love when there is a book that catches the boys intrest and their eyes sparkle with intrigue. Jake and I are reading Harry Potter The Sorcerer's Stone together. I have never gotten into these well loved books, so we decided that this summer is probably the time to do it. My Jacob is used to having an entire street of about 7 boys that all hang out and play together. So, I thought that with our move to Kingman, Harry might be just the thing to keep us a little preoccupied. After each book we finish, we will watch the movie. Jake has already seen a few of them. Still, I think it will be fun to do together.

Reading with Talmage and Jonah brings great times too! Jonah gets so excited about all the things he see's on a page, who needs an author? Jonah does a great job at narrating the story, Talmage is usually so frustrated by the second page. Talmage is a great listener and is starting to read a bit on his own. I just love when Talmage is cracking up or thrilled with what is going to happen next. We have a lot of favorite books. We love finding new ones to add to our list. Talmage has to write an account of what he has read for his kindergarten homework. Like the title/author/illustrator/setting and his favorite part. The picture above is of Talmage doing his homework and writting his favorite thing that happens.

Our Favorite book of the week is: I'm Not Going Out There! Such an ADORABLE
book!

Our Favorite Chef of the week goes to Jonah! He came upstairs yesterday with a Ham sandwich that he made all by himelf! There were 5 pieces of bread with a little bit of ham. Jared and I could not believe that he had gone downstairs and gotten the bread and ham out all by himself. Jared said that when he went down to the kitchen to check out the damage, there really was not a mess. Just the bag of ham and the bread. What a big boy.








My Favorite blog of the week is www.thebottomoftheironingbasket.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment