Friday, December 16, 2011

Ice Cream



Jared and I LOVE ice cream. So do two of our three boys. I actually would consider us ice cream connoisseurs!
  We have given a lot of ice creams a try.  We look forward to weekends. We consume ice cream while watching a movie. I am willing to carry extra weight if it means the weight is from eating ice cream. ;) Some things are worth the calories, others not so much.
A couple of weeks ago I got a message on my phone from my older sister.  She is a school teacher.  Her Principal heard that her Dad was going to Arizona for Thanksgiving.  I guess that her Principal has a love for ice cream too!  He actually has a love for a specific brand of ice cream that only our state and some mid western states carry!  Her Principal asked her to find out if her Dad would be willing to pick up this certain brand and transport the stuff back to him?  She called me to see if my little town carried dry ice.  Her Principal had down to a science how many half gallons you could fit into his cooler, and that to keep the ice cream from melting, it would require ten to twelve pounds of dry ice.
My Dad drove through my town on his way to Phoenix.  He dropped of the cooler and the note that her Principal had written.  In the note he listed the four half gallons that were his first choice.  Then made a back up list.  A BACK UP LIST!  I love it.  This guy is our kind of guy.  Two of his four first choices were for Mint Chocolate Chip.  Jared and I know a good mint chocolate chip. I decided that we needed to try this brand out for ourselves.   I have to say it is pretty good.  We like a creamier ice cream.  However, I am NOT complaining. Hopefully her Principal has been enjoying himself with his favorite ice cream during the holidays!  I was even able to get him all his first choices!
One more note:  I read somewhere that eating ice cream with a fork somehow makes it a more enjoyable experience!?  I have given it a shot... and I think this is true!

The brand is Blue Bell!

*Dear Blue Bell,
Please contact me for further advertising.  This one was a freebie.

2 comments:

  1. YUM... you have made me hungry for mint ice cream. Love the picture of the fork against the ice cream. Merry Christmas to you and your darling family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. He'll be so excited to get it. We have those blubell 1/2 gallons at the commissary, and we have a good one right now. It's called Moo-lennium Crunch. mmm mmm.

    ReplyDelete