Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dinner! You gotta try this recipe!

recipe from annie-eats.com
Pinterest version in the above picture!

My version below (this picture definitely not pretty enough to make it onto pinterest.)
I think that my Jared is actually tiring of the hospital's food.
While I was gone he even ordered a Papa John's pizza.
My most frugal husband
ordered out!
When he could eat free at the hospital!
Sweet guy.

I made this Pasta for him last night.
I also added grilled chicken (not seen in picture)

I do not own a food processor.
So my easy- save a lot of steps version
is to buy pre made pesto!
I also had the Produce Guy walk me through a few isles to find bottled grilled red peppers!
Finally found them in the pickle section!
They were amazing!!!
Loved the smell that permeated my house
My kitchen smelled like I was a gourmet restaurant!

I have a fun little blender 
I poured
 ~ one jar of red roasted peppers
~One jar of pesto
into my blender and pushed start.
Wa laa!

Boil pasta. Drain. 
Pour pasta into pan and 
mix with sauce until heated through!
I love cheese
Add parmesean 

 Next time I might choose angel hair pasta (Jared's Fav)

Jared said "that is on the make again list"
Need I say more? 


No comments:

Post a Comment