Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our House...




Talmage brought this home from school yesterday.
 I loved listening to him tell me all about it.
He wrote:
I live in a house. 
 I live with my family.  It is
 a nice place to live
 because it is not dangerous.  It is safe.

Sweet boy.  He was so proud to show his brothers his drawings of them.  He said " look Mom, I even drew you a rainbow shirt!  Do you love it?!"
Jonah took one look at himself in the drawing, and burst into screaming tears!
He did NOT want to look how Talmage had drawn him. 
 I thought he was pretty lucky.  He got to be looking out a window.
It broke Talmage's heart! 
 Talmage broke into huge shooting tears. When he cries his tears shoot from his eyes.
He was devastated that Jonah thought he was a bad artist.
So, I had two hysterical boys over this picture.

My sweet Jake came out from his room to inform Talmage that" he was a great artist!"
  I finally spoke some sense into Jonah too.
At least our house is safe!
Poor little lamb
Our house also smelled delicious from the Blonde Bombshell Bars
 I made for a little lunch I went to.
ALL the boys LOVED them!
Unfortunately so did I.
Try them out!

Blonde Bombshell bars
(From Keeping up Cook Book)
Grace even wrote:
We love to avoid trans fats,
but the combination of butter and margarine in this recipe 
really produces the best results. 
 Either way, they are to die for!
I second that motion!!
I left the coconut out because we are not fans.

1/2 cup butter & 1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup toffee bits
1 2/3 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut

Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla,
then add dry ingredients.  Mix until well combined, then add toffee bits, chips and coconut.
Spread into greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes (top will brown quickly but be patient and let the inside bake) They will sink a little after cooling.


3 comments:

  1. Poor little ones! So cute. PS - Do you like peanut butter? I have a recipe for THE BEST chocolate peanut butter pie. I made it yesterday. I must bring you some!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture! Tell Talmage that it rocks!! I love your family! You guys are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved his drawing! Poor little boys, that must have been quite the scene.

    ReplyDelete