Thursday, September 29, 2011

Treasures

When I was a little girl my Dad use to sit at this very piano and play Alley Cat while I danced around my Grandpa and Grandma's front room.  I can vividly remember all the details of my Dad's hands and his smile.  My Rick Dad passed away a little over seven years ago from pancreatic cancer. This piano above was my Grandma Ellen's piano. (my Dad's Mom)  This is one of my most treasured possessions.  My sister, brother and I use to sit as children and pound out heart felt songs on this dear piano.  Grandma use to teach us duets to play with her.  She played the piano beautifully.  The details of her hands are sketched into my memory too. This piano has been in my life since I was born!  I dream of having it refinished one day and even putting a player on it.  Since I only play three or four songs,  I would love my boys to be able to read music and  play it.  Jacob gave it a go.  It wasn't his gig. I still have hopes for the other two. 
As I was hurrying around cleaning yesterday, I caught a glimpse of these two sweet boys.  They were doing exactly what my siblings and I use to sit and do on it.  I wished my Dad and Grandma could see it.  Then I realized they probably could.  Our memories are our treasures.  This piano represents to me a life time of different memories.  Possibilities for future players too.

No comments:

Post a Comment