Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Friendships

My Christmas cards tied up ready to be put away. I like to keep all our Christmas  cards.

I loved the excitement that started the 1st of December that enveloped me as I headed to get our mail.  It is so much fun to open up that mailbox door to see Christmas cards awaiting our family.  Now that Christmas is over and the Christmas cards have seized,the mailbox provides very little pleasure.

As I took down our cards the other day, my heart sank a bit.  It was such a warm feeling to look above our kitchen counter and see our dear friends fun pictures hanging.  It's the next best thing to having them here with us.  (I didn't even need to worry if they were having fun visiting us here in Kingman) I am an okay hostess for about three hours.  Then, I need down time.  ;) Sorta kidding.

In all seriousness though.  As I opened each of our friends Christmas cards I was thrilled to see all was well for them.  To see how each of their children have grown.  Some, I know of their struggles that they have endured through the year or years.  Others, I did not know of their battles over the past year.  We all have our stuff.  Which then led me to realize all of each of our triumphs!  
I have had many different types of friendships.  I realize how very fortunate I have been.  Just because I do not talk daily, monthly or even yearly to some of these friends, they will be a part of me forever. I wish I could let each of them know that they are in my thoughts EVERY day!

I found myself wishing so much that I could go hang out with each friend in the cards that I opened.  It was so fun to see how each family has grown in numbers or in age. (Children's age)
It makes me feel excited though- for when the time comes that I can be with each friend again. I am looking forward to it!


P.S.
Here are some of my favorite sites as of late!

                                                          www.fancyhouseroad.com


                          Great jewelry. Love the bracelets.www.laurenelan.com Perfectly perfect!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your Christmas card! I slacked in that department this year unfortunately. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card was so perfect! I'm glad for your friendship, and you will always be dear to me too. I have our fun memories during med school, and it will be so fun to see where our journeys take us (checking on each other the whole way). I am very much hoping for our paths to cross some more so we can have more fun times in the future! Looks like your Christmas was great :)

    ReplyDelete