Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Meeting Needs



I looked at my three boys yesterday morning and realized that they each had needs that they needed to have met.  I was groggy and still wanted to sleep in my warm cozy bed.  My hard working husband (doing his residency) had left a lot earlier.  Nobody else was going to help these guys out.  The responsibility weighed heavily on me.  My cute Jonah's pleas for chocolate milk needed to be addressed quickly!  Another plea for help because the toilet was clogged, made me want for sure want to pull the covers up over my head!  I knew that I was needed though.  Not just to pour and plunge.  I was needed to listen and encourage.  Laugh and create a happy day for these three guys who were relying on me to make things happen for them.
  
Jared is wonderful at meeting others needs.  This picture sums the guy up.  He is my fix-it man.  He pulls the load of all of our needs.  Then he goes and meets the needs of his patients too.   I worry often if his poor needs are met.  
We all have needs!  Sometimes, it is someone just acknowledging a need, that can meet a need.  Which lead me to realize how fortunate I am.  My needs are met.  When I need a need met,  I don't have to wait long for it to be addressed.  I am blessed with a spouse, parents, family and friends who always come to the aid of whatever I am in need of!  That is HUGE!  Do I meet their needs? 
I jumped out of bed and smiled.  I was happy to meet the needs of these precious guys.  Thankful to have my health, and people in my life to meet the needs of.  Which sometimes, is just being hugged and told how loved they are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment