Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Some of my FAVORITE PROJECTS



My  favorite "things" in my house are the projects that I did with my own two hands.
Above is the dresser turned "buffet"  that has been with our family since the first year that Jared was in Medical school.  So, five years ago I went into a Goodwill in Henderson and I instantly spotted this dresser.  It cost me 19.99.! I was not even looking for it. I was there looking for sterling silver platters. 
When I told Jared that I  had bought a dresser at Goodwill, and asked him if he would he mind picking it up, he was not thrilled.  
He brought it home even less impressed with my choice.  He could not see the vision I had.
The dresser was an ugly brown and had some wear and tear.
I assured him it would be worth the 20.00!
I cleaned and sprayed Lysol all over the dresser.  I took the hardware off and sprayed the tired brassy handles black.  I choose my favorite red spray paint and then... sprayed, wiping swipe marks with a paper towel as I went.




   

Again I purchased a ugly brown dresser and painted it to be this above "Buffet"
I love it because I worked hard on it.  I changed out the hardware to crystal knobs.  Painted the trim a darker color too.

On to another
Goodwill find
Sprayed with red spray paint!



I bought this one at a consignment store.  It was black.  Just fine.  However, I love color! I hand painted it yellow and then  sanded.

This Queen Ann Chair I bought off of Craigslist from a Consigner who sold furniture from Las Vegas Hotel Rooms that were being redone. Great bones! Painted from brown to cream.

I am sad that I do not have before  pictures.  I have had so much fun doing all of them.  Projects are my fuel.  

I must say that these pieces become much more than just furniture. It's  so much fun to give an old tired piece a new personality!   

4 comments:

  1. You are seriously so SUPER talented. It is a dream of mine to be able to put together things the way you do, in a way that just makes you happy to look at. I am dying to come see your new home, it looks so great! Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your steps? What kind of spray paint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sense of style inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always crack up when you are in the Lysol stage of the project....

    ReplyDelete