Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lamps, pictures and candy oh my!


The lamp was a goodwill brass lamp I picked up.   I am really into raspberry colors as of late.  You can only imagine my excitement to find this color at Home Depot! Truly, my picture does not capture the color of the lamp. I would call it a deep purple though.  It makes me happy whenever I see it. You might say it lightens my life. Ha!



Over Christmas, Jared and I were hanging out at his Brother and Chandelle's house.  We were admiring all the renovations that they had recently done to their awesome house.  When out of the corner of my eye, I saw this picture they had hanging.  I ran to it and sang it's praises, begging  it to come home with me!  Darrol told us that this girl that he works with had made it for them for Christmas!  She does it in pen!  The day that we were leaving Darrol showed up with this picture above.  He had called her and asked if she would do another one. She did, and quickly for that matter!  I love the frame too.  That was included.  The most amazing part to this, is that she never thought she was that good.  Darrol discovered her talents when he needed a Thank you card...she sketched him out one, and from there he has tried to tell her that people would buy her stuff!      

This is supposed to be incentive for the kids to earn! 
Unless, you just open the top with the key and eat to your hearts content in the middle of the night!  

1 comment:

  1. Do the gumballs come out? Are they the small or the medium-large size?

    ReplyDelete